At least 12 people have died including Sikhs, Hindus in a suicide bombing attack which took place in Jalalabad in eastern Nangarhar province, Afghanistan. So far no terror organisation has taken the responsibility for the attack. The Nangarhar province in Afghanistan is considered to be a peaceful place in Afghanistan. The country remains a constant target of terror organisations. Among those who have been targeted, one of them was a contender for the parliamentary up and coming elections in 2018.

A spokesperson for the provincial governor in Nangarhar province, Attahullah Khogyani, said nearby shops, vehicles also suffered damage in the suicide blast. The terror attack took place after President Ashraf Ghani inaugurated a hospital in the city where the attack took place. In order to avoid more casualties, ambulances, security teams were rushed to spot for medical assistance and to take the victims of the blast to nearby hospitals.

Following the attack, the security officials cordoned off the area and a preliminary investigation was launched in the terror attack. Though no terror organisation has taken the responsibility, Afghan officials suspect Taliban and Islamic State affiliate behind the attack.

Also ReadCongress-JDS gives nod to farm loan waiver in Karnataka, details to be unveiled in upcoming budget

 

Earlier on April 22, at 31 people were killed and 50 others injured in a suicide bombing which took place in Kabul city, outside a voter registration centre. Addressing the media on the attack, the Interior Ministry spokesperson Najib Danesh said that the attack took place when the officials responsible for the registration of new voters for the parliamentary elections were involved in the process.

Also ReadAgni-5 missile to be inducted soon, will bring targets across China under range